Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Accidents just happen

Emotions can sure get in the way sometimes. I just blew up and yelled at my husband, whom I'm still not speaking to right now. I'm just upset. I had an antique mirror that his mom gave me a long time ago. He broke it tonight. I know it's ridiculous to be so upset, but I am.

Things have a way of standing for certain things/moments in our lives. My mom-in-law was always so MEAN to me after hubby and I first got married, ala Jane Fonda in Monster In Law. Really. If my daughter hadn't witnessed it and told my hubby about it, I don't think he would have believed it because when he was around she was just so sweet. The mirror represents sort of a turning point. She made an effort to be nice for no reason when she gave me that mirror.
I never thought I'd be glad that she was ill and couldn't travel anymore. But I guess I'm glad that she won't ever come to my house and know the mirror is gone. I certainly won't tell her.

I guess I need to go apologize for calling my hubby some not so nice names. But dang it. This is the second time this month he's broken something by pulling on an electrical cord without paying attention to what lay in its path. . . Ok so maybe I'm not ready to apologize. I really want to hit him -- that's how mad I am.

NO, I'm not going to. That would be unimaginable. But dang it.

2 comments:

Redneck Diva said...

They just have a way of being so STUPID sometimes, don't they? I know mine just charges through like an elephant with diarrhea and to heck with who or what lies in his path.

I'm sure by now you're speaking to him again (I'm so behind on my blog reading!). I hope you are, anyway!

Carmel said...

Yep. He's too cute to stay angry at for too long. And, he's much nicer than I am, so it's hard to stay mad at him. He's going out of his way to find someone to repair/reconstruct it. But yes, men quite often just charge ahead without thinking.