Search This Blog

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mushy stuff

We just had a delightful evening at friends' 50th wedding anniversary. It was wonderful to see a couple so in love with such a great family -- and extended family via friends.

It was so cute, they danced to their song, "Somewhere my love." Hubby and I even danced and he sang "When a man loves a woman" in my ear as we danced. How romantic, and trust me, my husband is not a romantic.

We talked afterward and couldn't quite decide if we had a song. We laughed because when we got married in 1985, we were such "children of the 70s" and the songs at our wedding reflected that. First, we got married in a rose garden. We had flute music. We came in to John Denver's "Annie's Song" and we walked out to Cat Stevens' "Morning Has Broken." Pretty cheesy.

But that's ok. Love, weddings and anniversary parties are supposed to be cheesy. That includes doing the chicken dance, the Macarena and the YMCA. We had fun.

Tomorrow is going to be grueling though. I'm going with my "bridezilla" daughter to the bridal show. I have a feeling that I'm gonna need a stiff drink afterward.

No comments: