Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Where the heck did Nov. 1 go?

I'll post more on this later, but I do believe I'm going to get a late start on my commitment to write at least 50,000 words this month. Again, more on that later -- time crunch right now. I was supposed to start writing yesterday. Instead I went to see yet another free movie -- Jarhead.

Good flick. Maybe a few too many hidden "anti-war messages" in there. Not that I'm a great supporter of Dubyah's current war. But I do support our troops. Hubby was in Saudi the first time, and both of us know why that battle was really fought, but it was his commitment, his duty, to follow the Commander-in-Chief's orders. That's the same thing for the young men and women who are in Iraq today. That's why the more I thought about the movie, the more it bothered me. But it is a good flick. Go see it, make up your own mind. It's realistic (not too bloody or gory, but not a kids movie.)

Anyway, my novel that will begin taking shape later today is titled: Southern Fried Baptist" -- I'll provide a link later for anyone brave enough to read.

Later -

1 comment:

Gina said...

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? Cool! I am, too, although I don't have much of an outline or character sketches. We shall see. Perhaps this will end up being National Short Story Writing Month for me instead. Anyway, good luck!