Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2006

So much to say

Whew. I'm tired. Go figure, since I'm up at 6:04 a.m. and already blogging. I hate that I wake up so early. That I'm not one of these people who can sleep until noon. But then again, half the day would be gone, then what?

But I digress...This has been a fun few days. Thursday night we went to a Halloween Party/fundraiser for the National Association of Hispanic Journalists. Yes, we wore costumes. Hubby was talked into wearing a black suit, tie, hat, glasses -- yes, one of the Blues Brothers. He looked pretty cute, and I was a little miffed at all the attention some of the women gave him. Darn, who would have thought after 22 years I could be jealous? Of course, these women were all dressed in some slinky costume or very short costume with a lot of cleavage. French maid, a naughty nurse etc.

My daughter said Halloween is just an excuse for women to dress like sluts. Really? (For the record, my outfit was very non slut-like) Do the majority of women dress this way at Halloween to fulfill their own fantasies? Men's fantasies? It's always men's fault. Let's blame them.

Friday, my friend K. came in from Seattle where she moved six weeks ago. We've all missed her. She bunked with us, we had friends over for an impromptu pasta dinner, lots of wine. It was a wonderful time that finally broke up about 1 a.m.

Saturday, five of us gals went shopping together. That was fun. I'd never ever done that with a whole bunch of women before. We had a fab lunch, and then hit the stores. None of us really bought a whole lot, well, except for one friend who makes two or three times what the rest of us earn. But it was FUN. Way more fun than shopping with my husband or alone.

So last night, we were too pooped to go to party No. 2. Just couldn't do it. So we stayed home, hubby read, and I sewed (quilt etc. for the new any day now grandchild.)

This evening, we head to the Oklahoma City Zoo (in costume)as volunteers for the annual "Haunt the Zoo" event. It's always fun.

Oh, and the most fun this week? THE CARDINALS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!

No comments: