Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Need more...time

Seriously, this has been a long week that went by too fast. At work we're scrambling because one of our major campaigns of the summer just kicked off this week. Suffice it to say, it involves the environment -- and we had an Ozone alert day on the day we had an OUTDOOR event. Despite sunscreen, water, gatarade etc. We all got heat exhaustion and are still a little dehydrated. I'm so behind on other projects that I'll have to work at least part of the weekend to get caught up.

At home, how my house got into chaos I don't know - ok maybe I do know. I'm so exhausted at the end of the day, usually after two hours at the gym each night (more on that topic later,) constantly watering and weeding my flower beds and I'll admit trying to feed my t.v. addiction by trying to watch all the big finales that have been TiVo-ed. (Editor friends - Is that a verb now?)has taken too much of my time. So I've been doing crazy things like getting up at 4 a.m. to dust, and other stuff. I've decided I'm just going to hire a maid for one day. What I really need is an assistant. How did I do this when I had three children at home? Oh, yeah. I actually LEFT my job at 5 p.m.

And, finally Taylor Hicks hits a big one for all the gray-haired Americans out there. Maybe I'll let my hair go natural...nah.

And because I'm short on time and can't respond to regulars on their blogs: Lil Red - Glad you are having fun. Wordgirl - I don't know. I think I give Jolie and Brad at least two years. Diva - I love roses, have those too. Gardening takes A LOT of freaking time. G-thrilled for you and Will. S - get some rest, you live in a mecca that will be calling visitors to you, unlike OKC. Mommy-Tracked - Thanks for the bb blogs, I plan to check those out more later. KK - So I thought you were going to have more time to blog?

All others - Ya'll have a nice Memorial weekend - - we're headed to Kansas for a fascinating tour of the local cemeteries with two 80+ (one is 90+) year-old ladies who still remember Memorial Day for the reasons it was intended (more on that later too.)

1 comment:

Gina said...

Thanks! :)