Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2005

Hit me baby...

I feel like this is the confessional. Forgive me father...and I'm not even Catholic.

But here goes: I actually watched the sad reality "competition" http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hit_Me_Baby/ that pits has-been bands against each other. The only redeeming value is that the weekly winner gets $20,000 donated to the charity of their choice.

This week's show featured such talent as Vanilla Ice and Haddaway. It was sort of sad actually, because here you have these people who were great in their day and now older are trying to relive some of their former glory. This reminds me of a concert I attended (free tickets) in Odessa, Texas. Sammy Hagar -- this was 1997 -- was playing a venue with about 20,000 seats. But only about 2,000 people showed up. It was sad.

Anyway, back to the NBC show. I even sang along with "Ice Ice Baby." I'm so ashamed. As we should all be that television has fallen to this level. I wonder who's competing next week?

No comments: