Search This Blog

Friday, December 08, 2006

Unplanned hiatus

I'm losing track of days and blogging less frequently. I'll blame the holiday. Even though I just finally pulled the fall wreath of our front door yesterday and replaced it with a Christmas one. That's all I've done.

I think it was just sheer exhaustion. We just couldn't get enough sleep for the first few days after getting back from Washington.

The trip was marvelous. Gotta say, my trip to Seattle was much much different this time around. I loved it. We had so much fun, and Olympia was breathtakingly beautiful.

Unfortunately, the job hunt didn't go as well. It's just not a good fit. Ok. It would be a miserable fit, and I finally had to admit it.

That doesn't mean hubby has given up the quest. He's determined to drag me kicking and screaming to the Pacific Northwest. It won't be so bad. It was so absolutely wonderful to see our friends, K and J.

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it was to see our son, daughter in law, the three beautiful granddaughters. We miss them so much, and it was heart wrenching to leave them so soon. We want so bad to be a part of their lives more frequently. WE were thrilled that in the short time we were with them, they felt comfortable enough to want to ride in the rental car with us. Yeah, we got them all to ourselves for a bit. And, little Willow? Well, she's the prettiest baby ever!

But Oklahoma you're stuck with me for a while longer. I mean, I'd have to change the name of the blog anyway to something like...WAY freaking North of the Red River.

Gotta go find some Christmas cards to send now....

1 comment:

Redneck Diva said...

YAYYYY! I haven't read blogs in so long, the last thing I knew you were in Wash. I'm glad you're still here. Oklahoma wouldn't be the same without you!