Search This Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2006

On your mark, get set...Christmas

The good news is the house is finally decorated. The tree is up (we had to cut a whole foot off the bottom because I got carried away and brought home a tree that was too tall for our house!) I put lights up yesterday -- just in time for a Christmas party we were hosting.

The party -- smashing success -- people finally all left in the wee hours of the morn. Fun crowd, great conversation. I love holidays. They give us an excuse to get together with friends. And, I should have taken a photo. The table looked absolutely "Martha - ish" -- That's because I basically took her magazine, bought the stuff to "landscape" the setting, and laid out the food in these wonderful crystal trays that we've gotten from parents etc. Gorgeous.

Getting together with other friends tomorrow night, and going to the movies with a girlfriend on Monday night.

Now, I just have to go buy some presents. Oh, I've bought a few things here and there. A few -- not enough to really say that I've shopped. The good news is that we always have a list of exactly what we're buying everyone, so it should be easy finding this stuff. Right? And, we've been blessed with many Christmas cards this year, so I've got to get the lead out and mail those babies on Monday. Sorry pals.

But our Christmas plans are still up in the air. Daughter No. 1's car in on the blitz, so she can't come down. Daughter No. 2 is in another town and likely will go to her in-laws for the holiday. Son and granddaughters are in D.C. Bummer. If they didn't live so dang far, we'd load up the Cruiser. But unfortunately, I've used more than my share of vacation days this year. Personally, I think we should all get a week (paid) at Christmas as a bonus.

Should have just planned for that cruise now. More on that later -- yes, we're going on a cruise in 2007. Woo hoo.

Fortunately are New Year's plans are solid, parties, parties parties every night. Our own brunch/party on New Year's Day. Can't wait.

Hope everyone is having some holiday fun...and has THEIR shopping done.

1 comment:

Gina said...

My shopping is done! I started in September, mainly because last year's last-minute rush was just too much. This year I opted to give my sanity a break and spread out the spending. It was worth it!