Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Washington, the flu and Texas Monthly

We're back from Washington. It was a great trip. I'll post my thoughts on the whole adventure later.

Today I'm just trying to breathe. Sick. Got sick about mid-week. I have the flu -- made for a horrible plane trip yesterday as I tried to not hack up enough germs to infect everyone from all parts of the nation. Probably did anyway.

Texas Monthly arrived in the mail while I was gone, so I huddled in my bed reading. It made me sad to see the face of a friend's son in there -- part of 203 Texans who have died in Iraq. My heart goes out to Taylor's family and all the other families who have lost children in this war. It makes me even sadder that there's no end in sight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had to see that, but we should all take a look at those faces as often as possible. Have you been tested for the flu? If it's within 48 hours Tamaflu (sp?) will help. It's pretty dangerous when I get the flu, and I'm starting to get over it now with no major complications. I still can't talk much, though. Hubby only had it for three days thanks to the tamaflu.

Carmel said...

Yes. Flu is the diagnosis. Felt like I was dying. I've been taking Theraflu. I'll make a trip to the drug store in the morning if I don't feel better. Zicam didn't work at all this time. I'm actually feeling better tonight, hence the late night blogging. I'm just so tired, and I have to be "at work" tomorrow (I think I'll work in my jammies, though.)Man, I'm going to hate it when the new office space is ready and I actually have to leave the comfort of my home to go to work.