Search This Blog

Friday, January 23, 2009

Taking the path of opportunity

A fellow co-worker and I are both going to lose -- or rather I should say -- our jobs are going to end next week.

Panic is setting in a bit, but we've also been discussing the options - the possibilities - of being able to decide where to go next.

If the traditional job is not open, I'll probably go work whereever, save some money and then finally take the hubby up on the plan to buy or rent an RV and head out across the country. See things we haven't seen before.

I've never seen the Grand Canyon. My husband has never seen the Colorado Rockies. We both want to go to Boston. I've never been to L.A. (the airport doesn't count.) I want to show him where I lived in Montana years before we met.

We've also toyed with the idea of getting some work visas and living in Europe for a while. I'd like to see the place he lived before we met. I'd like to see the Eifel Tower and eat Italian food in Italy, kiss the Blarney stone. The list goes on.

Maybe it takes us back to the bucket list, but there's a lot of things we haven't seen. A lot of things we haven't experienced.

I'll likely start with Mardi Gras next month. I've never been and I've always wanted to go. So I'm going.

In Florida, I've been lucky to have worked a job for the past 18 months that allowed me to travel all over the state. But there's still a lot of things on the list.

So, not getting a full-time job might just be a blessing in disguise. I'll keep you posted on our next adventure.

No comments: